Firestorm Socks

I finished the socks I knitted when we were not at home. I didn't knit much in LA, my hands were shaking too badly. It feels odd, finishing something - it's been a while since I actually finished anything.
trekking sukat
I played with PhotoShop a little. (All the pictures were very horrible, I did the best I could :D)
trekking sukat 2
I like the colors of this Trekking XXL yarn, although some parts look like, well.. flames. And the colors are absolutely horrible to photograph. I guess this pic is probably the closest to the original.
trekking värit
My favorite part is the toe of the first sock:
kärki

As for the sock design, they are pretty simple toe-up socks with a reverse Dutch heel (I am not sure if there is an actual term for the Dutch heel in toe-up socks), a purled seam stitch in the back through the heel flap and cuff, and a few increases in the cuff before k2, p2-ribbing. I can publish the pattern if you like, but it really is very simple. The Dutch heel is probably the trickiest part of the sock.

The socks weigh about 2.7 oz, and I used #0 needles. I actually found myself magic looping in midproject, since I wanted to make sure I would use the yarn evenly in both socks (in case I would run out of yarn), and I wanted the cuff increases to be identical. I started with two circulars, but since they were both 40" long, I noticed I switched to one circular at some point, and continued like that to the bind-off. I admit I used to hate magic looping, but then again, I didn't use 40" needle with the first try of the technique. I won't abandon my DPN's, but I might use magic loop again for something.

I have added some patterns to the sidebar. Now available in English are Aili's Mittens and Kide Shawl.


Mie sain Trekking-sukat valmiiksi. Nämä oli mukana, kun oltiin evakossa. Kovin paljoa en neulonut poissaollessa, mutta vähän kuitenkin. Sukat painaa noin 77 g, eli ihan koko kerää ei mennyt, ja niistä tuli oikein hyvät. Kuvat on vähän kamalia, mutta sukat on aika simppelit perussukat: 2 mm puikoilla neulotut kärjestä aloitetut sukat kääntäen neulotulla hollantilaisella kannalla, takana saumasilmukka kantalapusta vartta pitkin, sen kahta puolta lisäykset ennen 2 o, 2 n -joustinta. Väri sukissa on oikein kaunis, mutta aika mahdoton saada kuvattua oikein.

Löysin itsen taikalenkkeilemästä kesken projektin. Ajatuksena oli saada lanka kulutettua tasaisesti molemmissa sukissa, jos se sattuisi loppumaan ennen aikojaan, ja toisaalta tehtyä lisäykset varteen samoissa kohdissa. Aloitin kahdella pyöröllä mutta huomasin jossain vaiheessa siirtyneeni yhteen pyöröön. Inhosin magic loopia aiemmin, mutta 100 cm:n pyöröllä se sujui varsin vaivattomasti. En varmaan siirry siihen ihan kokonaan, mutta joissain projekteissa se voi olla ihan näppärä tekniikkana.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aivan ihanan väriset sukat!

Anonymous said...

Mukavat värit, lämpimät.
Taikalenkitän täällä tyttären kirjoneulelapasta, 80 cm puikolla. Siinä on ainakin ihan kohillaan. Mutta jotenkin sukanteko ei tunnu oikeelta ilman sukkapuikkoja.. (perivanhoillinen :P)

Cloudberry said...

Beautiful socks!
Love the colours.

Emma said...

Kauniit sukat ja väreistä kyllä tulee mieleen liekit.